Sophisticated Savories

Sophisticated Savories

Friday, December 13, 2013

Healthy Desserts

As a designer, the main goal is to give individuals the gift of confidence through beauty. At the end of the day, it is not about the clothes.

I was recently watching an episode of "What Not to Wear." Trust me, I rarely watch tv; however, I happened to stumble upon the episode in which a woman stated, "I think I am beautiful from the shoulders up."

It broke my heart.

Each of us a fearfully and wonderfully made. How we look should not make a difference in how we live.

Yet... it does.

A negative attitude and poor self-esteem shape our lives. Accepting a bullies remarks destroys our confidence. As strong as an individual can be, at the end of the day, words hurt. All too often, it is those who are miserable who strive to bring others down.

Not acceptable.

Food.

As stressed before, food is the catapult of our being. The fuel to our bodies. One mammoth problem in the US: obesity. Stemming from? Food.

The reason that I love to share my work as a chef? I strive to take the classically-trained French techniques that I learned in Paris, but put a healthy spin on the nourriture. And then make it beautiful.

A certain, je ne sais quoi, if you will.

Even desserts, for example. A dessert does not have to be a fat-laden, diet-destroyer. Mix fruits and yogurt, as well as cake, in order to enjoy a healthy, yet sweet fulfilling treat:

Peaches, Dried raspberries, Almond cake, Vanilla Greek yogurt, Mango and Raspberry coulis.

Instead of ice cream, opt for vanilla Greek yogurt. Instead of a heaping mound of cake, simply cut your slice in half and replace with berries/fruit. Sure, you may snub your nose at this recommendation; however, at the end of the day, your body will thank you. Sometimes it is having the motivation to make positive changes in our lives which ultimately make a world of difference.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” - Mae West

J'adore.
sb

No comments:

Post a Comment