Sophisticated Savories

Sophisticated Savories

Friday, May 3, 2013

Quick, healthy, fresh, organic, energy boost for the 3pm office munchies

Quick, healthy, fresh, organic, energy boost for the 3pm office munchies.

As a youngster, my mother cooked fresh, organic vegetables with lean meats/fish on a daily basis. When I think of comfort food, I gravitate towards fresh produce… vibrant colors, bursting with flavors and energy-promoting properties. 

Rather than peering into the vending machines and staring at a selection of packaged sweets, processed foods and sodium-ridden morsels, I simply reach into the refrigerator and select my Tupperware-protected fresh veggies. As a young, single professional Accountant, I work long hours at the office. After turning in my tick-and-tied out reports for the day, I generally will run along the dazzling Dallas Katy trail/elliptical machine at the gym. Endorphins galore. Create a work-of-art for dinner… snap photo, eat said art, then research/write/blog culinary. Busy life… but grateful to share my passion for healthy eating.

More on saving time and money in terms of grocery shopping ideas, but quick office snack idea:

Toss together chopped cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, yellow bell peppers, fresh cilantro, crushed sea salt, lemon juice and olive oil. If you prepare this easy, chopped combo of freshness in the morning, then place it in a Tupperware container and stick in the refrigerator at work, the flavors will marinate all morning, thru lunch, until the mid-afternoon stomach-grumbles begin. Pat yourself on the back… you already have prepared a light, energy-promoting snack. Nicely done. A quick boost to sharper your focus, as opposed to ending up in a food-come, lethargic-state.

“I saw few die of hunger; of eating, a hundred thousand.” - Benjamin Franklin

I guarantee… healthy changes to your diet will reinvigorate your life.

Love y’all dearly!

No comments:

Post a Comment