Sophisticated Savories

Sophisticated Savories

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Carrots

Do carrots truly help improve one's vision?

Well... yes and no.

The association between carrots and vision - particularly night vision - grew into fruition during World War II. The British Royal Air Force published a story that said skilled fighter pilot John "Cats' Eyes" Cunningham could thank a steady diet of carrots for his night vision flying prowess.

#jumponthebandwagon #trends #propaganda

Why was this story released? Well... in reality, the Royal Air Force was actually using radar to locate Luftwaffe bombers during the night... but concealing the reality with a tribute to carrots.

As a result? Many British citizens began to grow and eat more carrots.

That's one way to get your kids to eat more vegetables.

Be that as it may... I have noticed that when I consume both carrots and beets, my eyes "clear." Not necessarily better vision, but they seem to shine from the vitamins and minerals found in these two vegetables particularly. I know, it "sounds" weird... but when people tell me that my eyes are "shining," I know it is due in part to my diet.

Easy juice:
1 medium beet, 2 medium carrots, 1 cup purple cabbage, 1 inch knob ginger, 1/2 cucumber

If you have no yet started juicing/blending - I would very much encourage you to do so. It's worth the change in diet and overall lifestyle.

"Carrots are devine...You get a dozen for a dime, It's maaaa-gic!" - Bugs Bunny

Love y'all dearly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment